At the Musk Ox Farm the health of our herd is, and always has been, paramount. Biosecurity at animal handling facilities has been in place long before the CoV-2 coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Musk oxen are at risk of contracting COVID-19, what is not known is how adverse the affects the disease would have on the herd. For this reason, we have asked our guests to wear masks for the past two years. Most people are aware that there are differing opinions regarding mask wearing, we have become acutely aware of this over the past two years. As more and more people are feeling comfortable putting their masks away, we are going to set this discussion aside and remove the requirement for visitors to the farm to wear masks. Although facemasks are no longer required, we strongly encourage you to consider wearing one at the farm, for the continued health of our herd, both musk ox and the staff that cares for them.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
For the health and safety of our incredibly unique herd, we have COVID-19 protocols in place that all visitors are required to follow.
• Tour size will be limited.
• Face masks are requested, but not required for all visitors over the age of 2 inside our buildings, and outside during the tour.
• Staff will be required to wear face masks and to wash/sanitize hands frequently.
• Hand washing and hand sanitizer will be readily available to guests and staff.
• Surfaces will be disinfected throughout each day.
• If anyone in your party is experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or feels unwell in any way, entry will not be permitted. You must call us to rebook or cancel your tour.
Thank you for helping us keep our herd safe.
We look forward to having you visit the farm!
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE ANIMALS
We've always had guidelines in place to protect our herd. Musk oxen are unique, and we must do everything we can to keep our animals safe and healthy as our number one priority. Learn more about our biosecurity protocols and herd health management!